Friday, December 1, 2006

Ceci N'est Pas Un Blog

Welcome to my blog.

There. I wrote something. Supposedly the hardest part of writing is the first sentence. Of course, since everyone knows that, why doesn't everyone just start everything with the words first sentence? It certainly would be less complicated than the gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair that sufferers of writer's block experience.

All good writing begins with a thesis statement, an objective, a goal. I don't think I have one. Well, that's not quite true. I want this blog to be filled with insightful commentary, generate hundreds of thousands of hits, and be purchased by some media conglomerate like about.com or News Corp. for hundreds of thousands of dollars. But, I also want to be thin. I think the latter is more likely to happen.

No comments: